Cellulite and Body Contouring Treatment
Cellulite is characterized by Dimpled Skin Surface – mattress-like appearance (see figure). The fat cells are located in chambers which are separated by vertical and horizontal Connective Tissue Septae. The Septae are anchored rigid fibers that do not stretch with the skin as the volume within the walls of the chamber increases. When the fat chamber becomes too distended by enlarged fat cells and by retained intercellular fluids, it protrudes beyond the length of the vertical septae, pushing up the skin's surface and resulting in a dimpled skin appearance. The combined energy of radiofrequency (RF) and infrared heat (IR) along with vacuum will work on the area under the skin (up to 3 inches) by increasing the metabolic breakdown of stored fat by the fat cells (lipolysis), thereby reducing the size of the fat cells. Consequently, the bumpiness of the skin, which is largely caused by distended fat cells protruding up from the anchored connective tissue septae, is reduced. Both actions, reducing the size of the fat cells and draining excess fluids to the lymphatic system, are accompanied by shrinkage of the connective tissue septa and facilitate the overall shrinkage of the size of the fat chambers, thus leading to a reduction in the appearance of cellulite and a reduction in the circumference of the treated area.
● Pacemaker or internal defibrillator.
● Superficial metal or other implants in the treatment area.
● Current or history of skin cancer, or current condition of any other type of cancer, or pre-malignant moles.
● Severe cardiac disorders (heart failure, heart transplant).
● Pregnancy and nursing as well as 4-5 months post- natural delivery, or at least 6 months post-cesarean section, or until normal hormonal balance is regained.
● Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications.
● Diseases which may be stimulated by light at the wavelengths used.
● Patients with a history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, may be treated only following a prophylactic regimen.
● Any active condition in the treatment area such as sores, psoriasis, eczema and rash.
● History of bleeding coagulopathies, or use of anticoagulants (please check with your coagulation doctor first).
● Medication such as Isotretinoin (Accutane) within the last 6 months may cause sun sensitivity like reaction. We recommend holding the dose for two weeks before therapy.
● Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 3 months or before complete healing.
● Treating over tattoo or permanent makeup.
BBL SkinTyte II TM
SkinTyte II is a fast intense pulsed light non-invasive skin firming treatment to help with loose skin after weight loss, pregnancy and with aging. SkinTyte II treatments utilize optimized cut-off filters which emit energy with wavelengths in the visible to infrared spectrum, and provide dermal heating for the purpose of elevating tissue temperature for firmer skin. This proprietary technology is used to selectively heat the water within the dermal collagen matrix. As people age, the skin ages too, losing its natural collagen and elasticity. Loose skin can occur all over the body, but it is especially common in the face, neck, abdomen and arms.
Ultrasound Guided Lipolysis
We are adding a new service with targeted fat cell destroying capability: UltraShape®. The 1st & only FDA-cleared, non-invasive body-shaping procedure to use focused, pulsed ultrasound energy to selectively destroy fat cells. Unlike other procedures that use heat or freeze fat, UltraShape is virtually painless & leaves no unwanted signs of treatment.
With the combination of our medical weight loss and 3 different energy based body contouring treatments we are able to achieve outcome close to minimal invasive body contouring surgeries.